Great opportunities to work within a conscious business!
Little Seed is a plant-based vegan food hub with a strong focus on creating a better world and enjoying ourselves along the way. We focus on conscious eating as a way to address global and local issues such as connection, health, reverence for all life and healing the environment.
Little Seed has numerous facets to it’s model including:
– Education ie. Cooking classes
– Café / Restaurant
– Home Ready Meals
– Toowoomba’s Table community project
Currently managed by working owners, Asher and his wife Jess and their 2 year old daughter and with another baby due in Spring, Little Seed is looking for people to join their team and of authentic, passionate and hardworking people. Little Seed has a small team in place and is not your typical ‘hospitality’ business. We have an emphasis on respect and equality among the team. Whilst there are different roles and expectations of people we believe everyone plays an important part within the business.
We have two positions available which will directly support the owners and share their workload and tasks.
Our kitchen team currently consists of 2 people – the chef owner Asher and a cook. Asher is looking for someone to support him in the kitchen of Little Seed as currently he is doing most of the work himself and in addition would like to spend more time on education such as cooking classes and researching/investigating methods to make the business more sustainable and local food produce options.
This role would suit someone who:
– Is passionate about food & flavour
– Responsible, efficient and self-motivating
– Wants to make a difference
– Understands and advocates the connection between food, the environment and our health
– Keeping clean and organised comes naturally to them
– Has experience cooking in a fast-paced environment particularly with plant-based focus, however training and guidance can be provided for the right person
Depending on skill levels, duties may include:
– Determining and preparing lists and food for the restaurant including service items, cabinet items such as salads and cakes, house made milks and cheeses
– Restaurant services
– Knowledge of menu ingredients, processes and origins
– Stock control and maintaining equipment and cleaning
Number of hours can be adjusted according to candidates requirements.
Directly supporting the owner, Jess, the manager will ensure the seamless running of all Little Seed happenings particularly while the owner steps back when her baby comes in Spring.
This role is multi-faceted and would suit someone with the following attributes:
– Wants to work, grow and learn through a conscious business
– Thrives on organisation and has a keen eye for the detail and appreciation for the full customer experience
– Believes in the ethos of Little Seed with values that already align
– Is creative, innovative and efficient
– Is able to guide staff and keep them accountable in a nurturing and supportive manner
– Enjoys hosting parties
– Loves good food and drink
This is a full-time role with duties including:
– Overall running/operation of business in conjunction with owners
– Creating and implementing events
– Improving processes to better the business and the world
– Adopt a great understanding of the Little Seed ethos, product, processes and services
– Manage the day to day operations of the restaurant
– Host guests from serving tables and to doing dishes
– Lead and supervise staff by example
– Maintain compliance in relation to liquor and food permits
– Make beverages
– Working with kitchen in relation to restaurant services
– Respond to enquiries
– Manage bookings, functions, catering and orders
– Promotional activities
– Maintain / update menus
– Maintain / update website and social media
To apply for either positions, please send through a resume and cover letter with photograph. Any enquiries can be sent through to email@example.com
Applications close Wednesday 18th July.